around 200 words or less will be fine and they donot have to be in order
- We will use the term cyber security to stand in for the various other terms people use for the idea of protecting computers from hackers.
- Officially, the term is cracked, but most people say a system was hacked to mean it was compromised.
- The term social engineering means compromising information by getting someone with access to let you in.
- The term denial of service means sending so many requests for information to a server that it crashes under the load.
- The idea of a bot net is that hackers install software on your computer that allows them to in some way control it.
- The term phishing describes the situation where a hacker disguises themselves as a legitimate organization to get you to enter information they want.
- In cross site scripting a hacker uploads code that sends your info to their site instead where you think it is going.
- In SQL injection a hacker inserts a query into a site’s code to get it to reveal data from the system’s database.
- The term for malicious, but minor acts of defamation on the web is Trolling