Growth and Development
Developing a Teaching Plan for Immunizations Directions For this Assignment, imagine you are working in a child immunization clinic, and have a parent who is reluctant to have their children immunized. Keeping this in mind, you will need to develop a teaching plan which should include immunization schedules from infancy to young adult. This paper should not exceed 3 pages in length, excluding title page and reference page. This paper should adhere to appropriate 6th edition APA format.
In Health Promotion Throughout the Lifespan in Nursing Practice, read:
- Chapter 15: “Overview of Growth and Development Framework”
- Chapter 16: “The Prenatal Period”
- Chapter 17: “The Infant”
Kao, B., Plante, W., & Lobato, D. (2009). The use of the impact on sibling scale with families of children with chronic illness and developmental disability. Child Care, Health and Development. 35(4), 505–509.
Whitehead, D. (2011). Before the cradle and beyond the grave: A lifespan/settings-based framework for health promotion. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 20(15/16), 2183–2194.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Vaccines and Immunizations. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Growth charts. 2011, [Online] Retrieved from www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Recommended immunization schedules for persons aged 0-18 years—United States, 2011. 2011. Retrieved from www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/child-schedule…
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Use of World Health Organization and CDC growth charts for children aged 0–59 months in the United States. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5909a1….