1. Describe a time or situation where you were not an “insider,” and therefore you didn’t understand what was being said. Compare that situation and your feelings about it to the way language is used in classrooms where there are English Learners. As a teacher, what can you do to make sure all students are able to follow a lecture or discussion?
2. module 6 activity attached Module_6_Activities.doc
3. exit ticket
Complete the following items.
1. Look at the objective for this session module. In 3-5 sentences demonstrate that you met the objective.
2. In 3-5 sentences explain one takeaway from the reading(s) done for this module. What did you learn from the reading(s) with regard to teaching ELLs?
3. In 3-5 sentences explain one takeaway from the activities done in this module. What did you learn from the activities with regard to teaching ELLs?
4. In 3-5 sentences, explain your thoughts on the videos or power points in this module. What connections did you make with prior knowledge and experiences while watching the videos or power points?