1. Many teachers introduce key vocabulary at the beginning of the lesson, but often neglect to revisit the new terms systematically throughout the lesson and review them at its conclusion. How can you ensure that a SIOP lesson’s key academic vocabulary is reviewed at the end of each lesson? Describe a variety of ways you would review the terms, as well as any techniques you could put in place to build a vocabulary review into each lesson.
2. Assignment attached Module_8_Activities.doc
3. module 8 exit
1. Look at the objective for this session module. In 3-5 sentences demonstrate that you met the objective.
2. In 3-5 sentences explain one takeaway from the reading(s) done for this module. What did you learn from the reading(s) with regard to teaching ELLs?
3. In 3-5 sentences explain one takeaway from the activities done in this module. What did you learn from the activities with regard to teaching ELLs?
4. In 3-5 sentences, explain your thoughts on the videos or power points in this module. What connections did you make with prior knowledge and experiences while watching the videos or power points?