In this essay, you will be writing about your motivation for coming to College. This should be at least 250 words describing why you chose to enroll in college and what you hope to accomplish, including the field of study (Occupational Safety and Health) and degree you are seeking (Associate of Science Occupational Safety and Health). Also, include a description of what you expect to accomplish in your life or career as a result of obtaining your college degree. In describing what you expect to accomplish, be specific. List where you would like to work (Department of Labor) and the jobs and positions (Manager) you would like to attain. In this essay, identify any barriers that may impact success in completing your college degree. You should write about your thoughts in the first person, meaning refer to yourself as “I,” “me,” or “my.” One difference between an essay and a research paper is that in a research paper, you would use the third person. In third person, you refer to yourself as “the researcher” or “this writer.”
Format the essay in APA style by following the guidelines below in your essay.
- Use 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Select Times New Roman typeface at 12-point font size.
- Double-space all lines of text including quotations and references when included. Double-space once between paragraphs.
- Align the text flush left.
- Indent the first line of each paragraph. Use the tab key for consistent indentations, but if that option is not available, indent five to seven spaces or ½ inch.