WHAT SHOULD I POST INTO THE “CURRENT SCIENCE TOPIC” FORUM?
Pick a scientific topic that is currently in the news. Your source needs to be reliable, such as TED.com, or Sciencenews.com. YOU MUST CITE YOUR SOURCE AS A LINK in your posting or you will earn a zero for this assignment! These posting must be at least a 500 word explanation of the Topic, so choose topics with substance.
Current Scientific Report
1. Pick a scientific topic that is currently in the news related to Human Biology and write a summary report. Make sure to include your INSIGHT (your opinion, related personal experience of self, friend, relative or another reference source) , DO NOT SAY; “I found this article interesting” or “I never knew”, in other words do not use general statements that can be used for any topic or summary, if so, points will be deducted.
2. As stated in the syllabus, postings should be at least 500 words, so be sure to pick topics of sufficient content.
3. This is a college level course, therefore, check for misspellings and typos.
4. Make sure you look through other postings before you submit…NO REPEATS. If someone else posted your topic, find another one to post.
5. Your source needs to be from 2 OR MORE reliable scientific articles from the internet at sites such as; TED.com, Sciencenews.com, Nature.com, Sciencedaily.com, Improbable.com or other scientific search engines. YOU MUST CITE YOUR SOURCE AS A QUICK LINK (see doc. under CONTENT for how) in your posting or you will earn a zero for this assignment! (each submission is worth 100pts)
6. Grading will be based on a quality, concise and informative presentation. Remember: “Low Effort = Low Grade” RUBRIC: Title = 5pts., Summary Content = 50pts, Insight = 30pts, Working Reference Link = 15 pts, Originality Report >20% = 0
7. ALL CURRENT SCIENTIFIC TOPIC SUMMARIES MUST BE COMPOSED AS A WORD DOCUMENT AND THEN SUMMITED TO THE DROP BOX. YOUR SUMMARY WILL BE SUBJECTED TO “TURN IT IN” FOR AN ORIGINALITY ANALYSIS. TO AVOID A PENALTY OF PLAGIARISM, SUBMIT YOUR FINAL DRAFT, ONLY. SUMMARIES WITH A ORIGINALITY REPORT >20% WILL RECEIVE A GRADE OF ZERO.