Need Assistance with this task. Need to watch 2 movies that have some type of crisis and review the crisis in the movie……complete the instructions below.
Crisis in Movies Instructions
The purpose of this assignment is for you, as the crisis interventionist, to learn an organized approach when working with individuals in crisis. Apart from hands-on experience, this is an effective way to learn intervention strategies. You will take the information from your text, and the knowledge from your experience in the field—along with other coursework—and apply it. Each question below is designed to guide you as if you were working through the crisis with your client.
Watch 2 movie of your choosing (acceptable in content) with a readily observable crisis, and then complete a 4–5 page critique of the movie as it relates to crisis theory and intervention. Give particular attention to how you might use the ideas presented in this movie to explore the nature of the crisis, and elaborate on your suggestions for alleviating the crisis, teaching coping skills, and developing resiliency. Do not write a movie review or include an abstract.
Below are nine questions to address in your review. Copy and paste these into your document and then answer each. Address each question thoroughly. This is a crisis review, not a movie review.
1. Identify precipitating event(s) and briefly summarize the plot.
2. Identify the type of crisis (situational, developmental, or existential).
3. Identify the material, personal, and social resources available to the individual.
4. What were the differing perceptions of the crisis (such as the perspectives of the client, family, community, friends, and legal system)?
5. Suggest several steps for your client that could be used to handle the crisis.
6. Suggest several steps for teaching coping skills and developing resiliency (preventing the crisis from reoccurring)—be specific.
7. Discuss a biblical worldview or principal related to the crisis.
8. Describe the theoretical approach and techniques you would use in providing meaningful therapeutic interventions for the crisis presented.
9. Describe how the movie affected you personally—what did you learn from watching the movie and how will it impact your development as a therapist?
You receive points for correctly following the format layout. Similarly, you lose points if you do not answer each question thoroughly.
Crisis in Movies 1 is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 2.
Crisis in Movies 2 is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 5.