A Letter Home
Total score: ____ of 100 points
(Score for Question 1: ___ of 100 points)
- Pretend you are a European immigrant in the early 1800s. You have recently arrived in the United States and are about to write your first letter to a friend back home.
Your letter should be two or three paragraphs long. It should include at least four of the following:
- Reasons for leaving Europe
- Reasons for going to the United States
- Brief description of your trip
- Description of your living conditions
- Social conditions you have encountered
- Job prospects for your family
Type your answer here.